NEET 2020 – National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the NEET 2020 exam on September 13, 2020, in pen and paper-based mode. The authorities have re-opened NEET application correction window from July 4 to 15. Link for the same is provided below. NTA released an official notice confirming NEET 2020 exam date and time, along with the release of the admit card. NEET exam 2020 will be conducted from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM. As per the latest
NEET updates by HRD minister Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank' through his tweet has postponed NEET UG exam keeping the safety of students and to ensure quality education. Check details on NEET 2020 postponements and correction window below. Earlier, in his tweet, HRD minister had asked DG NTA to form a committee and review the COVID-19 situation for conducting or postponement of NEET by July 3, 2020.
NEET Exam 2020 Latest News & Updates
Read some latest news of NEET MBBS/BDS to stay updated:
July 4, 2020: NTA has re-opened NEET application form correction window on July 4. Candidates can access the same by using the link given above.
July 3, 2020: Once the exam was postponed, NTA has started the NEET correction window 2020 from July 4 to 15, at ntaneet.nic.in. Candidates can check the official link for NEET application form above, while the official notice can be checked below.
July 3, 2020: After discussion and meeting with NTA, IITs and MHRD members, the education minister took to his twitter account informing that NEET 2020 exam has been postponed, keeping in mind the safety of students and quality of education. NEET 2020 new exam date is September 13. With the tweet, HRD minister also shared a video advising students to utilise the time in better NEET preparations. Check the offical tweet of Ramesh Pokhriyal on NEET 2020 below.
July 2, 2020: Considering the number of requests on NEET 2020 postponed or not by parents and students in India and abroad due to COVID-19 epidemic, the Human Resource and Development (HRD) minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank' has tweeted asking NTA Director General (DG) with other experts to review the situation and submit the report by tomorrow, which is, July 3, 2020. The tweet of HRD minister is a ray of hope for aspirants, parents and guardians demanding NEET postponements. Check the official tweet by HRD minister for NEET 2020 below for better understanding.
June 17, 2020: In a recent activity, NTA has released a public notice on fake news being spread regarding NEET 2020 postponement through various sources and social media platforms. NTA has mentioned that investigation is being done and strict action will be followed. Check the notice below.
May 24, 2020: In an official NTA notice, it has been announced that NEET exam will be conducted on July 26, 2020, from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM, in offline mode. Check the notice below..
May 15, 2020: The HRD minister Ramesh Pokhriyal, on May 15 has released a notice regarding the re-opening of the NEET 2020 correction window for all the candidates till May 31. Aspirants can check the notice below
May 11, 2020: The authority, NTA has released the official notice mentioning that fraudulent/fake calls, SMS and emails are being circulated to NEET-UG candidates asking them for their NEET application personal details. Apsirants are also informed that to stay away from such calls and do not share any information. Check the NEET notice released by NTA below.
May 5, 2020: The Education Minister of India, Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, in his live session today has announced that NEET exam date is July 26, 2020. Answering to the question asked by Himanshu in live session, the Union Minister answered that, "For this year, 16.84 lakh candidates will be appearing for NEET entrance exam. And I would like to give best wishes to these NEET UG test takers. We have decided that NEET exam date will be on July 26, 2020, and please accept my best wishes for the test." NTA official notice for NEET 2020 will be released soon and can be checked on this page.
NEET UG qualified candidates can apply for 15% All India counselling quota conducted by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) in online mode. NEET 2020 counselling will also be held by MCC for admission to all seats in Deemed/Central Universities, ESIC & AFMC institutes. While, the counselling for 85% state admissions and private institutes will be organised thereafter by respective state admission committees based on NEET exam 2020 scores.
NEET full form is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test which is the single largest undergraduate medical entrance test for admission to MBBS, BDS, 15% B.V.Sc & AH and AYUSH courses - BHMS, BAMS, BUMS, BSNS, BYNS.
NEET 2020 Details
Name of the Examination
National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET-UG)
National Testing Agency (NTA)
|Academic Qualification||10+2 or equivalent with PCB|
|Exam Mode||Pen and paper mode|
|Exam Cities||155 cities|
Scope of NEET
- MBBS and BDS programmes in India including AIIMS and JIPMER as well as abroad
- AYUSH courses available in the country.
- Veterinary and other undergraduate medical courses in the country
82926 MBBS seats*
200 JIPMER, Puducherry and Karaikal
525 BVSc & AH
47 BVSc & AH
Number of Applicants (2020)
Number of Appeared Candidates
14,10,754 (in 2019)
NTA help desk: 0120-6895200 (operational 09:30 AM to 06:00 PM during working days)
Email ID: email@example.com
Mobile: 8076535482, 7703859909
National Testing Agency (NTA) has announced the dates of NEET 2020 through an official notification on August 21, 2019. The important dates of NEET 2020 are listed in the table to help candidates keep track of the deadline. NEET 2020 application dates, correction, admit card and exam date are mentioned here.
Release of admit card
15 days before the exam
September 13, 2020 - Revised date
|Re-opening of NEET correction window||May 15 to 31, 2020 till 5:00 PM|
|Correction window re-opens||July 4 to 15, 2020 till 5:00 PM - Available|
|Answer key by coaching institutes||Last week of May 2020*|
|Display of OMR sheets of aspirants||Second week of June 2020*|
|Release of provisional answer key||Second week of June 2020*|
|Challenging official answer key||Third week of June 2020*|
|Publication of final answer key||Last week of June 2020*|
|Declaration of result||Last week of June 2020*|
|Counselling starts||First week of July 2020*|
|Notification of NEET||August 21, 2019|
|Application form date||December 2, 2019 from 5:00 PM|
|Last date for NEET 2020 registration||January 6, 2020|
|Last date to pay application fee||January 7, 2020|
|NEET application correction dates||January 15 to 31, 2020|
|Re-opening of NEET application form for registered candidates||February 3 to 9, 2020 (upto 11:50 PM)|
The official date of the NEET 2020 admit card will be released by the authority 15 days prior to the exam. Candidates can download the admit card of NEET by entering their application number and date of birth. It is mandatory to carry a valid photo ID proof along with the NEET 2020 admit card which is also the identity document. It is prudent to keep the admit card safe till the admission process concludes.
- To download the admit card, candidates must go to the official site
- They must click the link for the admit card and log in by entering their application number and date of birth
- After verifying the details mentioned, they must download and save it
- The admit card will be required during counselling so it is prudent to safe keep it
The list exam centres of NEET exam are the venue at which the entrance exam will be conducted. NTA has released the list of NEET 2020 exam centres along with the prospectus. NEET entrance exam 2020 will be held in 155 major cities of India. While filling the application form, candidates had to choose their preferences of NEET exam cities as per their convenience. Candidates must select their NEET exam centres 2020 with utmost care as once allotted, it cannot be changed. The allotment of test centres of NTA NEET 2020 will be done on the first-come-first-serve basis. The complete name and address of NEET exam centre will be mentioned in the admit card. It is mandatory for NEET test takers to report at the allotted exam centres an hour before their reporting time for biometric and verification.
A crucial part and the starting step towards cracking NEET 2020 is preparation. Candidates must first know the syllabus, exam pattern to have a good shot at the exam and then cement that with proper and ample practice.
- Know the syllabus well: Preparation for NEET 2020 will be ineffective without a thorough knowledge of the NEET 2020 syllabus. It is essential to know the sections, chapters and concepts from all the subjects asked in the entrance test. Being familiar with the syllabus will allow the candidates to cover all the topics in a systematic fashion.
- NCERT books: When asked how to prepare for NEET, the experts suggest that the maximum number of questions are picked up from NCERT textbooks. To get the best possible score in NEET 2020, candidates must focus on the NCERT books of Class 11 and 12. Once a candidate has thoroughly read the NCERT books, then one should move to other reference books for an in-depth understanding of concepts.
- Short notes: It is highly advisable that the candidates maintain their own self-made short notes on each concept that they have studied in NEET 2020 preparations. It allows the candidate to keep the various concepts on tips and it is also helpful for an easy revision.
- Extensive revision: Learning the topic is not enough, one must be able to reproduce all of it with ease at the time of appearing NEET 2020 exam. For that, candidates must extensively revise all the topics which should be done regularly. Aspirants will be able to retain more if the topics are revised on a regular basis.
- Sample papers/mock test: To keep a tab on your preparation for NEET 2020, candidates must regularly take mock test and practice with the help of sample papers/previous year papers. Attempting such mock tests at the NEET exam duration will accustom the candidate to write the exam on the D-Day.
- Time management: It is an important factor which cannot be overlooked. Candidates must know how to divide their syllabus for NEET 2020 and study accordingly. Indeed, this is a national level medical entrance exam, but, smart study is essential as along with study health care, good diet a bit of play is also necessary.